Please read the following terms and conditions of membership before filling out the form at the bottom of the page.
Section 1 - Membership Agreement
I, the undersigned:
1. Recognise and understand that martial arts training is an activity that involves physical contact and that my participation might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or even death, which may result in severe social and economic loss.
2. Recognise and understand that such risk may be due to not only my own actions, but also the action, inaction or negligence of others, the regulations of participation, or the conditions of the premises, or of any of the equipment used.
3. Recognise that there may be other risks that are not known to me or to others or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. Agree to inspect the facilities, equipment and pairings prior to participation. I will immediately inform an Instructor or committee member of Glasgow HEMA if I believe that anything is unsafe or beyond my capability and refuse to participate.
5. Assume all of the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any damages that may result from injury, permanent disability, or death.
6. Enter martial arts training and/or competition entirely of my own free will and understand the importance of following the rules of training and competition.
7. Certify that I am in good physical condition, and have no disease, injury or other condition that would impair my performance or physical and mental well-being during intense training practice and/or competition.
8. Grant permission in case of injury to have a doctor, nurse, athletic training, first aid or other emergency medical personnel provide me with medical assistance or treatment for such injury.
9. Understand that photos and video my be taken during activities that include me and agree that these may then be shared publicly, privately or used in promotional material by Glasgow HEMA or it’s members.
9. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, Glasgow HEMA, its affiliated organisations and governing bodies, their officers, instructors and personnel, other members of the organisation, participants, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring organisations or their agents, and if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses and damages which may be sustained and suffered on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.